After hearing from thousands of voters and talking to hundreds of my neighborhors, I know these issues are what is most important to people of District 8.
Make Housing More Affordable
Everyone deserves to have a safe, affordable place to call home. But as Denver home prices continue to rise, too many families are being priced out of our neighborhoods.
Brad has a plan to help make homes more affordable by:
- Partnering with community organizations to help create permanently affordable homes in neighborhoods facing displacement.
- Helping families build intergenerational wealth by expanding down payment programs
Create Opportunities for Denver’s Next Generation
Brad helped lead CareerWise Colorado and other nonprofit organizations that prepare Denver students for successful careers through youth apprenticeships and college opportunities.
As our city councilperson, Brad will use his experience to:
- Increase paid job training for youth and adults
- Work to expand Denver’s Summer Youth Employment Program and business involvement
- Invest in comprehensive supports like after-school programs to ensure every student has access to opportunities outside the classroom
- Support youth violence prevention programs—because every young person deserves to feel safe
Keep Our Families Safe
As the dad of two little girls, Brad knows there’s nothing more important than our families’ safety, no matter what neighborhood we live in.
Brad will work to keep us safe by:
- Expanding alternate responder and co-responder programs so the right professional responds to every situation
- Focusing on what City Council can do to ensure faster 911 response times
- Supporting community policing that encourages communication and collaboration between neighbors and public safety professionals
Make Streets Safer…for everyone
Brad will keep Denver moving by:
- Advocating for more funding for complete streets and the VAMOS network
- Reducing traffic by adding dedicated, protected lanes for bikes and buses
- Protecting pedestrians by investing in sidewalks in neighborhoods without them
Center Community Voices
Brad knows that the only way to make real, lasting change is to make sure everyone has a seat at the table.
That’s why Brad will:
- Form a community cabinet to ensure District 8 residents inform the office’s work
- Host regular volunteer events to bring the community together
- Attend neighborhood meetings to meet people where they’re at and be available outside of traditional office hours